Home > Shenzhen Investment Services > Shenzhen Working Visa Application Procedures

Shenzhen Working Visa Application Procedures

Updated:2018-4-25 17:00:07    Source:www.tannet-group.comViews:203

Shenzhen working visa application policy was slightly modified (especially for visa transfer) compared to the previous update in November last year, since a new China Visa Policy for the working visa was implemented nationwide on April 1st, 2017. Many foreign friends who have worked in several cities in China will find out that it's not always the same, the work visa application policies and regulations. Below is the basic procedures for applying for working visa in Shenzhen. (Note: this is applicable to the First Time Application.)

Step 1: Notification Letter of Foreigner's Work Permit in China
It will take 15 to 20 working days to the State Administration for Foreign Experts Affairs to issue this document. The applicant will have to provide the below-listed documents to the employer.

Chinese CV;
Highest college degree (or equivalent) and/or required Certificate(s) that must be authenticated;
Non-Criminal Record Certificate;
Proof of nearly 2 years of working experience post undergraduate;
Physical examination certificate;
Passport copy + ID photographs. 

Note: original copies are required. All documents provided must be translated into Chinese by a qualified organization (except the ones already in Chinese).

Step 2 (if you are in Shenzhen): Z Visa
After receiving the Notification Letter of Foreigner's Work Permit in China from your employer (along with the company's invitation letter and business license copy - with company's seal), you will be able to apply for a Z Visa at one of Shenzhen ports. The procedure takes 1 day. This is a 30-day single entry visa.

Step 3: Employment Permit
Shortly after you landed in China [if you were not in China], your employer will apply for your Employment Permit. The procedure takes from 10 to 12 working days. This permit is valid for 1 year. In addition to documents provided by your employer, you will need to prepare the following:

Notification Letter of Foreigner's Work Permit in China;
Physical Examination Certificate;
Passport + Photographs.

Note: original copies are required.

Step 4: Resident Permit
Once you received your Employment Permit, you will be able to apply for Residence Permit at the Division of Exit/Entry Administration of Shenzhen Public Security Bureau. This permit is valid for 1 year and will be stamped on your passport. The procedure lasts 7 working days. You will need to provide the following documents:

Employment Permit;
Registration Form of Temporary Residence for Visitors;
Physical Examination Certificate;
Passport + Photographs (blue background);
Receipt of China Visa Photograph for Foreigners in Guangdong Province.

In case you already have a 6-month Residence Permit, you will simply need to extend it to one year. You will also need to provide the above-listed documents. (Note: original copies are required)

Once you get the Residence Permit (or extended your 6-month Residence Permit), you need to register again within 24 hours at your local police station. 

Contact Us
If you have further inquires, please do not hesitate to contact Tannet at anytime, anywhere by simply visiting Tannet’s website, or calling Hong Kong hotline at 852-27826888 or China hotline at 86-755-82143422, or emailing to You are also welcome to visit our office situated in 16/F, Taiyangdao Bldg 2020, Dongmen Rd South, Luohu, Shenzhen, China.

Previous:Shenzhen Business Registration      Next:Qianhai Business Setup Advantages